Re: Diff of executable files

hgfernan@usp.br, on Tue 12/24/1997, wrote the following:

> A diff for executables?  That seems a very useful idea.  Maybe the
> compiler experts in this list could help you with this task.

There is a fairly good one for being alpha, called Xdelta.
Look for it at htp://www.xcf.berkeley.edu/~jmacd

> Please take a look at the Microsoft site, at
> 	http://www.microsoft.com
>
> And issue two searches: one for "COFF" -- the new executable format,
> used in Windows NT and 9X. And the other for "PE", the old format,
> for Win16.

Amazing how COFF is called "new"

> Microsoft web site is a good place to look for information about
> Win32 pgming.  Some would say: they created the mess, they must
> help solve it. :-)

I have been looking for a C API, but cant find one.  I can only find C++
level API documentation.  (For the win32 subsystem)

> HTH

jay
--
Join the FreeBSD Revolution.