select on pipes and stdin

Hi,

I'm porting some distributed software from Unix to NT and am having
problems with select on pipes.

The problem regards select removing the 1st char from my pipe, so for
example "hello" on stdin comes back to my application as "ello".

I've looked through the mail archve and found this question asked in July
1997, though am unable to find any answer to the question.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject - ie. is it a known bug, there's
a known patch, there's something i'm doing wrong...

BTW i'm using b18 on NT4.

I've included the mail message below...

Thanks for any help on the subject...

Bryan.

Bryan Chitty. Distributed Systems, Nortel plc, Harlow Laboratories, UK.
MailTo:bchitty@nortel.co.uk ESN:742 2294 Tel:+44 (0)1279 402294/403930(fax)

This message may contain information proprietary to Nortel. Any unauthorised
disclosure, copying or distribution of its contents is strictly prohibited.