last few Q's: services daemons cron

a) Is it preferred to start daemons as services? (BTW: I have only
   a hazy idea as to what exactly a service IS under NT)
   I assume that this is what I want to do, as I'd prefer not to
   have to stay logged into a bash all the time.  Can I just tell
   the NT service manager to start *netd on startup?  Or am I gonna
   have to use that srvany.exe utility I keep hearing about?

b) Has anyone ported cron/crond?  I can't seem to figure out at.

c) Where is /dev/ ?  I made a directory and touched /dev/null just
   so I could > stuff to /dev/null, but what about all of the ttys
   and so on?

Whew!  I apologize if any of my questions have been gone over before.
I appreciate any help you all might be able to offer!

Thanks,

Byron
fiat_owner@yahoo.com
--
Jon Byron Davis                                        617.629.4194
88 Concord Ave. #2                                  jbdavis@mit.edu

"We saw shadows of the morning light -- shadows of the evening sun"
-