Porting MS Windows applications to X

Hello... I wanted to unlurk and ask a silly question...

Am I right in assuming that, even with a fully working build 19 and X
client, porting Win32 applications to use the X client is something best
left to the insane and/or masochistic?

I can manage a tiny bit of each, so if anyone had any advice I'd appreciate
it...

Thanks,
Rob

                           )       \   /      (
                          /|\      )\_/(     /|\
 *                       / | \    (/\|/\)   / | \                      *
 |         I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the        |
 |            state-appointed psychiatrist is our "friend."            |
 *                l  /   V       ))            V   \ l                 *

-