Re: Trying to login in

Ralf Meyer wrote:

> > From:          Walter Garcia-Fontes <wgarcia@upf.es>
>
> > This one is tougher. My NT box lives in a Novell network. When I
> > telnet in, the network drives are not seen. "net use" will tell me
> > that there are no entries in the  list. But if I want to reconnect
> > to the network "net use x: \\server\volume" it will tell me that x:
> > is already in use. Anyone knows what's going on and if I can access
> > the network?
>
> The list of "net use"d drives or printers is on a per-user base.
> So most likely your user credentials are different when telnetting in
> and logging in locally on the box.
> What do you get from "whoami" and "echo %username%"?
> And because another NT user already "net use"d drive X:
> you're not allowed to change that. Try another free drive letter.

Actually I use the same login that I'm connected to the network. "whoami"
also comes right. "whoami" and "echo %username%" give the same right. Maybe I
have to use a new client with a new userid and password  to connect to the
network from the telnet session.
I will explore now that line.

Thank a lot for your suggestions,
Walter Garcia-Fontes

begin:          vcard
fn:             Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
n:              <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>;Walter
org:            <EM> Departament d'Economia  -  Universitat Pompeu Fabra </em>
adr:            <A HREF="http://www.econ.upf.es"> http://www.econ.upf.es </A>;;Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27;Barcelona;;08005;Spain
email;internet: wgarcia@upf.es
title:          <A HREF="http://puna.upf.es"> http://puna.upf.es</A>
tel;work:       +34 3 542 27 22