Re: symlinks don't work on samba mounted dir

Samba can be made to support the system file attribute by using the "map
system" option in the samba configuration file (smb.conf).

>From the man page for smb.conf:

map system (S)

This controls whether DOS style system files should be mapped to the
UNIX group execute bit.

Note that this requires the 'create mask' to be set such that the group
execute bit is not masked out (ie. it must include 010). See the
parameter "create mask" for
details.

Default:

        map system = no