Re: Pipe with TCL/TK

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 19:01:45 +0200
From: genesis@hermes9.cst.cnes.fr (Utilisateur genesis)
To: ian@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Pipe with TCL/TK
Cc: gnuwin32@cygnus.com

Thanks for your explanation.

I looked at expect/exp_event.c source code and I found an implement of Tcl_CreateFileHandler for cygwin32. I'm very interested because all my problems comes with this Tcl function that is only implemented on Unix platform.

I try to link my application with libexpect521.a to get Tcl_CreateFileHandler function on Windows platform. No problem with the link, but when I execute my program, it fails on Tcl_CreateFileHandler.

Is it possible to use libexpect521.a Tcl_CreateFileHandler function, mix with Tcl8.0 standard functions libraries ?
When I call expect function with C programs, is it necessary to initialize expect (like TCL/TK with a call to tkMain or TclAppInit for example) ? I don't find this information with the FAQs.

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Luc CAMES

-