Re: gcc and cross-compilers

I wrote :
>  Here's some problems and bugs revealed when trying to build a
> Linux-to-mingw32 compiler from the egcs-1.0.2 sources and using
> the Mumit's libs and headers :

 After fighting with all these problems, I first began to think too ;-)
"It cannot be this hard"... So, I checked that I really had installed
the Mumit's patches, as I remembered. But I hadn't even downloaded
them... Ok, it was the egcs-1.0.2 prerelease and the cygwin32 patches
(installed manually) I had done earlier... Must check if I have the
prerelease as my 'Linux-to-cygwin32-egcs-1.0.2' still...

 Anyway, after installing the mingw32 patches (and removing the 'unlibsubdir'
things from the search paths, that I have always hated since removing them
from the cygwin32-sources), there weren't much troubles to get a Linux-to-
mingw32-egcs-1.0.2 cross-compiler. Thanks to Mumit for providing the patches!

 Regards, Kai

PS. I didn't revert the fixes for the headers... All but the mkdir() seems
Ok for me. But is it really true that mkdir() is like the one in Borland C
(only one parameter), and not like the UNIX-standard 'int mkdir(const char *,
mode_t)' ?

-