Nedit freezes up

I've installed Mumit Khan's EGCS 1.02 beta 19
binaries for NT 4.0, along with the X11 binaries from
Arlindo da Silva's site and the MicroImages X server.
This all works very well, but to do any useful
work in this environment, I need a working X editor.
I downloaded the binary for Nedit-5.0.1 from Valery
Tulnikov's site, but have not been able to make
it work correctly.  I can start the editor, open
files into it, cut and paste with it, and write
text into the menu items, but the moment I strike
any key on the keyboard with the cursor in the
text area (ie, try to actually write some text...),
my entire X session freezes up. The only way out
is to iconize the X server window and kill the
Nedit session from a normal NT window.  If anyone
has any idea what's causing this, and how I can fix
it, I'd be very pleased to hear.  It's frustrating
to be so close to a very useful work platform...

regards, Paul

-