Re: Xemacs anyone .... ?

RC> Has anyone managed to get a working version of Xemacs 20-4? I've tried
RC> building it pretending that the target is a i386-pc-linux, but no
RC> joy. The configure script itself

20.4 doesn't really have much support for NT.  If you feel  adventurous,
get the latest beta 21.0-b40.  In fact, I just compiled it today with
cygnwin32 for the first time.  It comes up, but there's definitely still
work to do (on my part too, as far as getting all the necessary goodies
installed. )

If you do so, consider subscribing to the XEmacs beta testers & patches
mail lists. There are NT related patches almost every day, thrown together
by some pretty sharp folks.

you'll probably also want to get up to speed on the new lisp module
packaging system that XEmacs is trying to put together.  If you don't get
any packages, your XEmacs will be fairly limited in what it can do.

Jeff

-