Re: Win 95 Freeze Fix Confirmed

Geoffrey Noer wrote:

> FYI,
>
> I can confirm that installing the USB update patch from Microsoft
> fixes the Win 95 freeze problem visible when control-C-ing in B19
> bash.  (I think you need to be running OSR2 to install the patch).
>
> --
> Geoffrey Noer
> noer@cygnus.com
> -

>From the MSDN Developer Library April 1998:

Article ID:Q179130
-Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release version 2.1

Universal Serial Bus-Equipped Computer May Hang on Resume:

Symptoms-
	When you try to resume a suspended computer that has a Universal
Serial Bus (USB) port, your compuer may stop respnding(hang).

Resolution-
	This issue is resolved by the following updated file for Windows 95 OEM
Service Release 2.1(OSR2.1)

	Usbhub.sys version 4.03.1215, dated 8/29/97 12:15p, 28,448 bytes

>From looking at this article I'm not sure that those of us
who got our Win95 software seperate from our computers are included
in this fix.(Since an OEM Service Release is an updated version of a
product for PC manufacturers(OEM's) to preinstall on new PC's).  So
maybe this fixed Geoffrey Noer's lockup problem because he has an OEM
release, but it doesn't look like those of
us without OEM releases are in luck.  In fact I searched the drive on
my 4.00.950 system and I don't have a file called Usbhub.sys.  So
whatever
it does, is not being done on my system.   The lockups will continue...

Rob Manning
--

Robert M. Manning                         rmanning@c3i.saic.com
Software Engineer                         OFFICE (410) 571-0403