RE: Exec/spawn outside of cygnus environment?

Following is the code that I'm trying to use -- neither the system call nor
the execv calls will work outside of the cygwin environment -- they all
return "bad command or filename", although the directory that the program is
run from (d:\tlserve\exectest) does contain the 'hello2.bat' batch file.
within the cygwin environment, the system call and the first execv call
execute correctly, as they are expected to. I can compile this in Visual C++
5.0 and it will run correctly from the dos end, so I think it has something
to do with the cygwin DLL file (I am using b19.1, by the way). Any
suggestions?

Peter Mularski
CLARiiON

-------

#include <errno.h>
#include <process.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
	char *cmdList[2];

	printf ("Running dir\n");

	cmdList[0]=	"dir";
	cmdList[1]=	NULL;
	system (cmdList[0]);

	cmdList[0]=	"./hello2.bat";
	cmdList[1]=	NULL;

	execv (cmdList[0], cmdList);
	perror ("Error");

	cmdList[0]=	".\\hello2.bat";
	cmdList[1]=	NULL;

	execv (cmdList[0], cmdList);
	perror ("Error");

	cmdList[0]=	"hello2.bat";
	cmdList[1]=	NULL;

	execv ("d:\\tlserve\\exectest\\hello2.bat", cmdList);
	perror ("Error");

	cmdList[0]=	"hello2";
	cmdList[1]=	NULL;

	execv (cmdList[0], cmdList);