Apparently I'm and idiot

I'm kinda new with the Cygnus Tool Kit(you could probably tell with all my
stupid questions) anyway, I give up.  Apparently I'm such an idiot I can't
figure out how to make a simple message box.  I want to have a window appear
that says "Do you wan't to continue?" with Yes and No buttons.  I am
completely lost. Help please.

Apparently I am also too much of an idiot to figure out how -mwindows works.
I did this...
gcc -o file.exe file.cpp -mwindows
like the FAQ said...it said it would link gdi32, user32 and so on and make
that console go away.  All that it does for me is say "Windows not an option".
Help please.

Thanks
Jason
-