Re: Can't do "chmod +x" with recent coolview?

Hi Craig,

Craig Setera <setera@us.ibm.com> writes:

> I downloaded one of the more recent coolview releases from Sergey
> onto NT and now I am unable to "chmod +x" a shell script.  Although
> the script will run from the command line (sort of), the program
> that wants to call the script checks the permission set and finds
> that it isn't executable.  It complains and quits.

This one hit me not so long ago: you need to add "ntea" to your
CYGWIN32 environment variable. This was disabled in the coolview
version because on FAT partitions it creates horribly large "EA
DATA.SF" files, but nobody seems to have given any other way of doing
chmods ... and the #! check is disabled on NT. :-(

HTH,

Andy
-