newsgroup creation straw poll.

Mumit pointed out (see quote below) that many people might be interested in
seeing this list evolve to a newsgroup but are not interested in doing the
work. I'm willing to help make it happen but only if there is interest. To
test the interest level I am conducting a straw poll. I would appreciate if
people who have an interest in this subject would reply to me with a simple
yes/no on whether it is worth persuing this issue.

Here is the question:

"Is it a good idea to consider creating one or more newsgroups to discuss
gnw-win32 related subjects?"

I would appreciate hearing a yes vote from people who might vote in favor but
are not sure. For example you might vote no if there was no gateway to this
mailing list but yes if there was. Other people might vote for or against
depending on the proposed name. These people should respond to this question
with a yes.

The only immediate thing this straw poll will affect is whether I keep pushing
or drop the subject, so don't feel committed. This is not a vote to create a
newsgroup, only a vote to consider creating one.

Please do not reply to this list. Reply to me personally. I will report a
sumary of the results. I will not report the names and/or votes of anyone
responding.

Steve Morris
sjm@judgement.com

-