Few starting out questions...

Hi,

I fairly recently installed gnu win32b18 on NT workstation 4.0 and
have a few questions to ask.  I did check the FAQ, but didn't find
help.

[1]  How on earth do I run bash from the start menu as a login shell
        such that it reads my .bash_profile?
        I can't seem to figure this out because if I create a shortcut,
then
        it doesn't allow me to pass the -login parameter to bash.  I
can't
        get windows to run the shell with a "-" prepended to the name
        either (which is what /bin/login usually does).  I guess I could

        write a .bat file to launch bash but that seems a bit gross.

[2]  Do I have to write my own /etc/profile ?  Shouldn't be too hard
        I guess.

[3]  There seem to be manual pages but no "man" command available.
        Where is the man command?

Regards,
-- David Campbell

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Campbell
n:              Campbell;David
org:            Greenleaf Systems Pty Ltd
adr:            19 Gregory St;;;Acacia Ridge;QLD;4110;Australia
email;internet: david@pastornet.net.au
title:          Director
tel;work:       +61 7 3875 2038
tel;fax:        +61 7 3277 1517