RE: Undefined link symbols

Earlier, I wrote:

> While linking, I get undefined symbols _setjmp, ___infinity,
> ___errno, and sometimes _stderr.   My program is written
> in a mixture of Ada, using the gnat compiler, and Modula-3,
> using the Pm3 compiler.  It compiles, links, and runs fine on
> Linux.  When I go to NT, the link step gives these undefined
> symbols.
>
> Both these compilers use gcc as the code generator and,
> on NT, cygwin.  Can anybody tell me where these symbols
> should be found, so I can tell my link step where to look?

I have more information.  When I use the gcc that came with
gnat, I get undefined symbols _setjmp, ___errno, and ___infinity,
referenced from within the Modula-3 runtime library.

When I use the gcc that came with cygwin, I get undefined
symbol _stderr, referenced from within the gnat RTL.

I have dumped the calls to ld that these two gcc's generate.
They differ in many ways in the -L and -l options supplied
by gcc itself (those supplied explicitly by my build scripts are
the same).  However, If I manually add all the -L and -l
options to one of the ld commands which were present in
the other, it doesn't help.

I am now systematically looking for lib*.a files anywhere on
my system and for the missing symbols inside them.

-