Re: Mailing list admin, please read this!

In article <35F00A85.502D153A.cygnus.gnu-win32@ina.de>,
Alexander Kriegisch <kriegaex@ina.de> wrote:
>Hi!
>
>This week I got a mail (from this mailing list) with an attachment. It
>caused an error on our SMTP server (or, to be more exact, in the
>subsequent MIME parsing). The reason can be seen here (mail snippet):

>	From: michael@weiser.saale-net.de (Michael Weiser)
>	To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>	Subject: FAQ: gnuwin32 mini FAQ - first draft
>	Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 00:12:19 GMT
>	(...)
>
>	----=_35eb3be341926316052e3279.MFSBCHJLHS
>
>	Hi folks,
>
>	this is the first draft of the gnuwin32 mini FAQ
>	(...)
>
>	----=_35eb3be341926316052e3279.MFSBCHJLHS
>
>	gnuwin32 mini FAQ
>	(...)
>
>	----=_35eb3be341926316052e3279.MFSBCHJLHS--
>	-
>	For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
>	"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
>
>The last part (= the help hint) starts right below the MIME boundary,
>causing the MIME parser to think the first line was a MIME header field
>(which is not true, as "-" definitely is not valid). To fix this problem
>your mailer should
>
>  - either precede the hint with one or more valid MIME header lines
>    plus an empty line
>  - or precede the hint with just one empty line (signalling that there
>    are is no header and the body of the mail part starts).
>
>Would you please fix this problem in one or the other way?

I have no idea how to "fix" this with majordomo.  I'm not convinced
that this is actually an error with the mailing list as much as an
error in your mail software.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.
--
cgf@cygnus.com             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada