Re: Mailing list admin, please read this!

Hello Christopher!

> There is obviously a blank line following the mail header.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I did not mean the top-level mail
header (which is indeed okay), but the (missing) blank line after the
(also missing) sub-part header (the mail has a MIME multipart type, and
every part has a header of its own):

    1    ----=_35eb3be341926316052e3279.MFSBCHJLHS--
    2    -
         For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
 	 message to "gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of
	 text: "help".

Line #1 is the boundary separating the before-last sub-part from the
last one. Line #2 ist the first line of the last sub-part. As it is not
blank it is regarded as a header line, which is wrong.

Just for comparison a valid sub-part from the same mail message:

    1    ----=_35eb3be341926316052e3279.MFSBCHJLHS
    2    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
    3    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    4
    5    Hi folks,

         this is the first draft of the gnuwin32 mini FAQ
         (...)

Here we also have our boundary (line #1). Now there is a header (lines
#2, #3), the required blank line (#4) ans the actual beginning of the
sub-part body (from #5 on).

I hope I could make the issue clear this time: Not the whole mail is
wrong, but the very last sub-part. Some mail clients may tolerate this
RFC violation, but not ours. It is just a bit more stringent in this
respect.

Regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch