Re: EGCS-1.0.2-Mingw32

On 9 Sep 98, at 21:41, the Illustrious Mumit Khan wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Paul Garceau wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > 	Is there a way to disable mangling for EGCS-Mingw32?
> >
> > 	I am not sure which switch to set.
> >

> Paul,
>
> Which mangling are referring to? Win32 mangling related to various calling
> conventions (eg., __stdcall) or C++ mangling?

	The latter, C++ mangling.  EGCS-1.0.2-Mingw32 is looking for
IDirectDraw::SetCooperativeLevel.  Headers can only understand
IDirectDraw->SetCooperativeLevel.

> Could you describe why you want the mangling disabled?

	If I could disable C++ mangling, then I am inclined to believe that I can
enable the needed C calls instead.

> In all but some
> very special cases, mangling is required to produce correct code linkage.

	I understand, I'm open to suggestions.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Information Systems Consultant