bash hangs win95

Sorry in advance for asking an old question:

Has there been any resolution to the problem of bash hanging the system
on win95? I've seen reports about this problem occurring after the user 1)
types an unrecognized command or 2) Types control-C.  There are reports at
the Argonne National Lab web sites that the latter problem makes bash
unusable in gnu-win32. I must agree, as I've fallen victim a couple of
times.

Thanks,
Scott