Re: Linking with Borland C

Hi folks,

On 14 Sep 98, at 17:49, the Illustrious Félix Valado Pomarinho wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I'm more or less aware of the troubles linking gcc DLL's using
> VC++. I am trying to use a gcc DLL created with the dllhelper utility in a
> program that's compiled using Borland C and I'm having a lot of problems.
>
>  1) Is there any known solution to this problem?

	There was a method noted here in the last couple of weeks on how to
generate MS compatible .dlls using Gnu-Win32, that had been tested.  You
might want to take a look at the archives for the information.

	In terms of Borland C, it has always been able to understand the MS
.dll.  So, if you generate a .dll that MSVC can understand, then Borland C
can probably understand it as well.

>  2) If it not possible the dynamic linkage, can I get some kind
> of static library (such as .lib) out of gcc, so I can link it using
> Borland C?

	Afaik, you can not generate .lib files easily via Gnu-Win32.  As far as
linking is concerned, I believe that Borland/Win32 only recognizes the MS
and Borland type .lib files.  You would probably be best served by generating
an MS compatible .dll to use with Borland.

	I hope this helps.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Information Systems Consultant