Re: Windows98 + inetutils

Being able to mimic an  ordinary Unix way of handling users/groups/passwords/... via
"/etc"-files seems like useful approach. The core API functionality remains the same
to a large extent, the difference is only in where things are stored and updated.

To what extent can one have *one* implementation of the API? What if there are /etc
files on an NT, should these or the NT-owned structures be used. Presumably, as
Windows95 (Windows98?) is weak on security, the NT-way of handling it should be used
on the NT, while on Windows9x the file-based approach is taken. This would enable a
wider portability, something that simplifies management of the system.

/olle

-