Re: Back to B19 for now

---Enoch Wu <wue@eskimo.com> wrote:

> I have no luck on my Windows 98.  The revised line 1386 helped and
it was
> able to configure.  At the point where it was "creating
fftw/config.h",
> BASH just hangs.  At this point BASH responds to CTRL-C but doing so
just
> hosed the configure process.

I believe that the config.h file gets created by the execution of
config.status.  If I'm not mistaken the you should be able to
./config.status to finish the configure process.

> It appeared to fail at this place in the configure script:
>
> echo creating "$ac_file"
>   rm -f "$ac_file"
>   configure_input="Generated automatically from `echo $ac_file_in|sed
> 's%.*/%%'` by configure."
>   case "$ac_file" in
>   *Makefile*) ac_comsub="1i\\
> # $configure_input" ;;
>   *) ac_comsub= ;;
>   esac
>
> BTW, is there a way to display every line that BASH executes -- I
mean the
> line number of the file that it is executing 'cause ./configure
>config.lst
> 2>&1 does not show line numbers.

There exists a --debug switch on startup, once started you can `set
-v' and `set -x'.  I don't have experience with any of these.  bash
--help will give you start up options.  Once started `help set' will
give you help on the setable options.  There is also a bash.info file.