Windows Headers

I've noticed that the headers that are included with Cygwin-32 are a bit
lacking in some areas, how would one go about adding things without
infringing on copyrights.  For instance I know I can't juse take
Borland's
headers and add them in with Cygwin, but if not, how are you supposed to
create the headers ?  What about creating them from documentation in an
API
help file, is this "legal" ?