Re: [Beta-20.1 Win95osr2] Make problem with shell commands

> I am having a problem with make and some shell commands that do not
> work as expected.  They are just simple file tests using the '['
> program.
>
> When I run them at the console they work, but putting them into a
> Makefile stops them from working.

I have had two answers to this question by e-mail and both have told
me to make sure that /bin/sh.exe == /bin/bash.exe.  This advice is
however a contradiction to the FAQ which states that the /bin/sh.exe
should be the sh.exe from the installation.  Can I therefore ask that
the FAQ be corrected on this point.

-------------------- FAQ --------------------
Second, if you are installing the full distribution (`full.exe'),
various programs will need to be able to find `/bin/sh'. You should
`mkdir -p /bin' and put a copy of `sh.exe' there, removing the older
version, if present.

Unfortunately changing /bin/sh to be bash did not solve the problem.

The operation of the '[' program should not be affected by which shell
it is running under provided that shell is a Bourne shell replacement.

--
Andrew.