Re: make and .exe targets. Enough! Already!

My final comments on this thread.

My mail forwarder wasn't working correctly for part of the weekend,
so mail sent during this period probably didn't get through. I've
caught up with the list through the archives; please re-send anything
that was sent privately.

I see that, as a result of this problem, I have been accused of using
a forged email address. I feel strongly about invalid email addresses;
I have never forged an email address, and I have never put an invalid
address of any sort in the 'From:' or 'Reply-to:' headers - not even
an easily translatable spam-blocker.

I've sent only two messages to this thread previously.

My first message opened with "This is getting increasingly silly!";
that sentence was meant partly in jest, but was inappropriate anyway.
I apologize if it caused any offense.

I posted the second message when some false statements were copied to
the list about my behaviour. I should have just stuck to correcting
these, but I strayed off into continuing what had been a private
conversation until it was copied to the list. I apologize for that
contribution to this sorry saga.

All other comments in this thread under my name are from email I sent
privately, which others copied to the list.

If anyone wishes to say any more about this matter, please do so
privately unless you really think it needs to be public.

Regards,
		jjf