Re: Problem with egcs-1.1.1/mingw32

Pierre-Henri Jouneau <Pierre-Henri.Jouneau@insa-lyon.fr> writes:
> When I'am trying to compile a fortran program, which uses a mixed
> C/fortran library and the graphic gd library, with the last version of
> egcs-1.1.1/mingw32, I get the following result:
>
> g77 -o ../exe/ac1 ac1ems.o libems.a -L../gif -lgd -lm
> ../gif/libgd.a(gd.o)(.text+0x3278):gd.c: undefined reference to
> `_impure_ptr'

You're mixing cygwin objects with mingw32. That's a no no.

> I have also tried to use -lC, and then I get:

Huh? What's -lC? There is no -lC for mingw32.

> g77 -o ../exe/ac1 ac1ems.o libems.a -L../gif -lgd -lm -lC
> /cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/i586-cygwin32/lib/libC.a(freer.o): In
> function `malloc_trim_r':

Again, you're mixing cygwin objects/libraries with mingw32.

You say you're using egcs-1.1.1/mingw32, but it looks like you're using
Cygwin gcc in -mno-cygwin mode. Is that true?

If that is so, I've posted many times here on how to get all of this to
work, and I'm not about to repeat it. Get the mingw32 target libraries
from my site and make sure you link with those.

> Is this a bug, or do I make a mistake. It works well under Linux, and it
> was also working with a previous version of egcs!

From what you've posted, it looks like a misunderstanding on your part,
but that doesn't preclude a bug of course. Whether it works under Linux
is irrelevant.

Regards,
Mumit