Re: snapshots, gas, and MAX_OPCODE_SIZE

> 	My question is this... Where do I get the proper gas which has
> this change in it?  Is is an upgrade to the compiler?

The latest gas has a completely different chunk of code there, so an
upgrade may only confuse things.  Just replace the one define with the
other and move on to the next problem ;-)

> 	I know that the snapshots are not assumed to work, but the
> archives imply that this was a "stable" snapshot which fixed the
> problems I was having under win98.

The dll solves many users' problems with random win9x crashes, and is
the most stable *dll* of the bunch, as far as win9x is concerned.  We
never claim that the snapshots' sources are stable.  We only make that
claim with full distributions, like betas, and even then the
"stability" we claim is only marginally better than the snapshots,
since we don't really test betas.  The most we can say about them is
that we were able to build them from the sources we distribute.

The only time we claim stability is if you buy an NT-hosted GNUPro
software/contract bundle from us.  Hey, we've got to get paid somehow :-)