Re: runtime STATUS ACCESS VIOLATIONS

On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 12:32:36PM -0600, Murli Ganeshan wrote:
>I have a simple c++ program that generates ACCESS VIOLATIONS at
>runtime. The same code does not generate any runtime errors while
>running the executable generated from djgpp on the same machine. Also,
>there are no runtime errors when compiled on a Linux 2.0.36 box or a
>SUNos 4.1.4 box.
>
>I saw some old postings related to ACCESS VIOLATIONS with malloc and
>the solution was to replace that with mmalloc. Is there a similar one
>for the "new" dynamic memory allocator in c++ that I can use?
>
>Here's a command line snippet.  I would appreciate any
>feedback/suggestions to debug the problem.

Here's some feedback:  Use gdb to debug the problem.  The information
below doesn't provide any information about where the program is dying.
gdb will give you that information.

99.9% of the time this will be due to some kind of programming error
in your code, just like on UNIX.

--
cgf@cygnus.com
http://www.cygnus.com/