Total lack of accurate documentation!

     I downloaded this product, and initially said WOW.  That changesd
meaning as I began to look around at the documentation.  Sad.  There is
much missing and a lot of what is there is outright wrong!

    Does anyone know if this is due to rapid changes in the product, or
slow documentation people?  I have tried to use the search feature to
search the past mails, but their search engine is broke due to a mount
problem it looks like.

    There are two things I'd like to know off the bat:
    1) If I have /tmp mounted on d:\temp, and can do cd /tmp, why does
/tmp not show up when I
         do  a ls -la / ?
    2) I have the following line in my .bashrc file, copied from linux.
            alias dir = 'ls -la --color=yes'
        when I start bash, I get the following errors:
                    bash: alias: 'dir' not found
                    bash: alias: '=' not found

    Any ideas?.