RE: "Out of environment space" error

Right click on the shortcut (which is a short-cut to an MSDOS program),
select Properties, then Memory Tab, then under Conventional Memory there is
an Initial Environment drop down box which was set to Auto by default.

Perhaps it has to do with my installing NT over an existing 95 installation
on
the same drive (a FAT partition).