This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: RPC : clnt_create_timed
- To: Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: RPC : clnt_create_timed
- From: Geoff Hayward <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:30:07 +0100
- CC: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Switching Test Solutions AG
- References: <36DCF6AF.56DF12E2@stest.ch> <36DE4776.D02AE326@cityweb.de> <36DE98BC.FAE753DE@stest.ch> <36DEB3B1.D67D3E27@cityweb.de>
- Sender: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Geoff Hayward wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > The forementioned function `clnt_create_timed' is not part of the SUN RPC
> > > package. Are you sure, that this function is part of RPC on the SUN
> > > machine or is it already a function, which is used by an RPC application?
> > > I'm asking, because `timed' is not a typical RPC application, you know?
> > It has a man page and is declared in rpc/clnt.h on my SUN machine so I
> > assumed
> > it was part of the package. It is the same as clnt_create but takes an extra
> > timeout
> > parameter specifying the maximum amount of time allowed for each transport
> > class
> > tried.
> It seems to be a newer version of sunrpc. Could you find out the
> version? Is it possible, that this version only exists on SUNs?
> I'm very interested!
Well, everyone here seems to think that it is version 4.0. Anyway it is the
that comes with Sparc SunOS 5.5.1.
Switching Test Solutions AG, Email: email@example.com
Friesenbergstr. 75, Phone: +41 1 454 6690
CH-8055, Zurich, SWITZERLAND.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org