Re: CD Command and dirs with spaces

---Dave Finnegan <> wrote:
> I'm running B20 on NT w/ SP3 and find that the 'cd' command under
> Bash will not recognize directories with a space character in them.
> In particular c:\Program Files.
> I've tried escaping the space char, double escaping it, quoting the
> dir, quoting and escaping, all to no avail.
> Is this a bug?  Is there a workaround?

It does mention in the FAQ something about problems with directories
and files with spaces in them; however, when I do:

cd Program\ Files

OR I do:

cd "Program Files"

I don't have any problem with going to the directory.  BTW, I'm using
NT4SP3 and I'm using the 1998-12-3 build of the cygwin1.dll.
-- --

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
Get your free address at