Time offset strangeness

On Thursday 11 Mar 99, Sebastien Carpe writes:
> For some days, i've been experiencing a strange time leap in the date batch or
> in my asclock. The hour given is 1 hour ahead the real date. The date in the
> so-called is however correct "system tray". I've rebooted (on Windows like,
> this often fixes things ;) ), but yet, it didn't help.
> I suspect there is just something wrong in the cygwin code, may be about the
> summer time and winter time leap... Is Cygwin accurate with this special
> feature ?
> Any way, this is just annoying  when i think it's time to leave office, but
> there's one more hour, and it will be a real problem, when i'll end up using
> Xemacs for mailing if my mails are not time stamped correctly. (for now, i'll
> keep my way on with Communicator, until i can fix VM stamps to say my mails
> have not been sent the 1st January of 1970 !! )

There is a known time problem in B20.1, cf. the thread beginning at
<>.  Try a later
snapshot of the cygwin dll.

  David Starks-Browning                  |
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468