This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
[FYI] Cygwin DEV distribution
- To: Jonathan Pryor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [FYI] Cygwin DEV distribution
- From: Stipe Tolj <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 01:39:44 +0100
- CC: cygwin users <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Department of Economical Computer Science, University of Cologne, Germany
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is another goodie:
Since I have tested our Apache 1.3.4 port contained within the latest
CAMP 1.1b release on Windows NT and it seems to be running very reliable
we have been thinking of making (hopefully if ever) the Cygwin DEV
available on a Cygwin dedicated Windows NT machine running our latest
Apache port connected via 2x2 Mbit lines to the net.
Before considering to serve such a big package via Cygwin on top of NT
we will do some benchmarking to figure out that performance can be made.
If it seems unsatisfying we will switch to a Linux/FreeBSD machine using
our companies 2x2 Mbit line or leave it on the current IBM AIX provided
from the Mathematical Institute of the University of Cologne.
I suppose the load of the machine will be *extremly* high within the
first week after releasing such a package. Therefore I would like to ask
people to think about the ability to provide mirror sites (basicly one
per continent) for it.
The start for getting Cygwin DEV realized has been scheduled for this
And now cut this thread and back to common Cygwin problems!!
Stipe Tolj <email@example.com>
Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org