Re: linking and iostreams

Greg Miller <> writes:
> Mumit Khan wrote:
> >
> > Greg Miller <> writes:
> > > but generates numerous undefined references during linking when compiled
> > > with:
> > >
> > > g++ -mno-cygwin test.c
> Oops.. just noticed an error here... That should have been:
> g++ -mno-cygwin test.c -L //d/cygnus/cygwinb20/mingw-libs
> In any event, is it linking the wrong libstdc++.a despite the "-L"
> switch? or is something else wrong?

I can't tell unless you include some of the undefined symbols. BTW,
I've updated my egcs-1.1.1-mingw-extra package to include both the
required libs and includes (_G_config.h).

The linker has a verbose option that helps. Similarly, the compiler
has a -H option that shows the includes being included.

  $ g++ -mno-cygwin -H -c test.c

shows the includes.

  $ g++ -mno-cygwin -Wl,--verbose test.o

shows the libraries being linked in (prints loads of output!)..

Both of these switches are very useful for debugging a problem like