This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Problems with "find" and job control.
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Problems with "find" and job control.
- From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:14:07 -0500
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
>Sorry, but the error message:
> FIND: Parameter format not correct
>is a pure M$ism. (Just type \winnt\system32\find to "find" this message)
As Corinna said, if you are having this problem, I would rather rename MS
find.exe. Windows NT find.exe is useless anyway.
>Depending on the paths to sort things out gives you different results
>depending on the context you're working from.
>Personally, I would NOT want my BAT scripts to behave differently depending
>on where they're running from.
>Also you only need to quote the name of the file you're looking for (under
>gnu-find or gfind for short) when the filename includes a wildcard.
>Anybody gona write Cygwin in a nutshell for O'Reily? (It's such a pain to
>flip back and forth between the eNp-Ty and Linux books. ;-)
Are you planing to do it?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org