This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
gcc can't find cpp, but GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is not set
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: gcc can't find cpp, but GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is not set
- From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@Wichita.BOEING.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:14:19 -0600
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
The FAQ says:
>If the error is "gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such
>file or directory", the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable >hasn't been
>correctly. The current release does not need GCC_EXEC_PREFIX set >-- it
should be able to find cpp regardless of the install location. But >if you
>set incorrectly, you may still see this message.
I installed b20.1 on drive e:/cygnus, and I get this message,
but this environment variable is not set, according to
printenv, echo $GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, and control panel->
It works ok if I uninstall and reinstall in the default
location, but that disk is too full to leave it there.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org