This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: gcc can't find cpp, but GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is not set
- To: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@Wichita.BOEING.com>
- Subject: Re: gcc can't find cpp, but GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is not set
- From: "Eloy A. Gonzales" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:35:57 -0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
- cc: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <6C7E2A10BB01D111929500400B406DDE0266C961@xch-wch-02.ks.boeing.com>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I had the same problem and I fixed it by putting a softlink at the root of
the C: drive:
ln -s //f/cygnus
I have installed cygnus on the F: drive.
~[ Eloy A. Gonzales Voice: (505) 844-1063 ]~
~[ Sandia National Laboratories Fax: (505) 844-7059 ]~
~[ Org 05715 MS 0965 email: email@example.com ]~
~[ Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185-0965 ]~
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Bates, Rod wrote:
> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:14:19 -0600
> From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@Wichita.BOEING.com>
> To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
> Subject: gcc can't find cpp, but GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is not set
> The FAQ says:
> >If the error is "gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such
> >file or directory", the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable >hasn't been
> >correctly. The current release does not need GCC_EXEC_PREFIX set >-- it
> should be able to find cpp regardless of the install location. But >if you
> have it
> >set incorrectly, you may still see this message.
> I installed b20.1 on drive e:/cygnus, and I get this message,
> but this environment variable is not set, according to
> printenv, echo $GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, and control panel->
> It works ok if I uninstall and reinstall in the default
> location, but that disk is too full to leave it there.
> Rodney Bates
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com