Re: B20: mv deletes files on error (NT)

--- David Dagon <> wrote:
> bash-2.02$ mv
> mv: cannot move `' to `': No such file or directory
> bash-2.02$ ls
> Is this a bug?  If this behavior is my failure to set some variable, it
> seems to be a very dangerous trap to new users.

No, it's a feature.  Thanks to M$ the filenames are case insensitive.

As for the renaming of the files from Upper to lower to begin with, can you do
it again?  Does it happen all the time?  If so, supply the output of `cygpath -s
-v -r' (pasted in the mail) and a test case showing exactly the commands you
used to move the files.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at