This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[ANN] CLN 1.0 port for Cygwin/Mingw
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [ANN] CLN 1.0 port for Cygwin/Mingw
- From: Mumit Khan <email@example.com.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:22:01 -0600
I've uploaded the source patches and pre-built binaries for Bruno Haible's
Class Library for Numbers, CLN v1.0. March 25, 1999.
Please see README.cln-1.0 for my notes as well as the patches applied
(forwarded to Bruno Haible for consideration). This is static library
only; a DLL version will not work without some source code changes.
A consequence of static library is that you cannot use this with code
built with non-GNU C++ compilers.
Visit http://clisp.cons.org/~haible/packages-cln.html for more information
Class Library for Numbers
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible 1988-1999, GPL
* Rich set of number classes: Integer (unlimited precision),
rational, short float, single float, double float, long float
(unlimited precision), complex, modular integer, univariate
* Elementary, logical, transcendental functions.
* C++ as implementation language brings
+ type safety,
+ algebraic syntax.
* Memory efficiency:
+ Small integers and short floats are immediate, not heap
+ Automatic, non-interruptive garbage collection.
* Speed efficiency:
+ Assembly language kernel for some CPUs,
+ Karatsuba and Schvnhage-Strassen multiplication.
+ Garbage collection with no burden on the main application,
+ hooks for memory allocation and exceptions.
Requires: C++ compiler g++. The following C++ features are used:
classes, member functions, overloading of functions and operators,
constructors and destructors, inline, const, multiple inheritance,
templates. The following C++ features are not used: new, delete,
virtual inheritance, exceptions.
* ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/gnu/cln-1.0.tar.gz (USA)
* ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/Users/haible/gnu/cln-1.0.tar.gz (Europe)
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org