Re: Help with installing

At 11:13 AM 3/29/99 -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Nirmal Vuppuluri <vuppun@hardy.ntd.comsat.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 	I have just started setting up Cygwin's bash. I do the mounts and
>> umounts as specified in the User's guide. But when I start Cygwin bash
>> again after some time, I see that the mounts and umounts did not have any
>> "persistent" effect. Its just like I am starting Cygwin bash the first
>> time. I would like to know what I am doing wrong.
>
>I believe that you are using NT, is this correct?  If so, you are a member of
>the administrator group, is this correct?  If yes, to both of these, then you'll
>have to modify the registry data with regedit to modify the root path.  You'll
>find the key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus Solutions.  Follow the
>paths until you find the appropriate one and modify the value.  If you do
>`cygcheck -r' you'll have a list of the registry entries created/used by
>cygwin.
>
>===

I answer yes to both of your queries but I never have had to do what you
suggest to get mounts to work properly for any reason, although I'll admit
that I've had Cygwin installed for a long time so maybe I'm missing something
now.  Can you explain why you think Nirmal needs to do this and what it
gets around?

Larry Hall                             lhall@rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                     (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                         (781) 239-1655
Wellesley, MA, 02482-7797              http://www.rfk.com