Re: problem building egcs-1.1.2

N8TM@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/26/99 6:35:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> Charles.Gauthier@iit.nrc.ca writes:
>
> > all execution tests fail under cygwin
> This has been my experience under NT (cygnus installed on //d), but not under
> W95 (//d is a zip drive).  Maybe you're right about the drive name thing; that
> was true of all software running under cygwin snapshots for a while, but not
> recently.

So far, I only found that the expect interpreter has the pathname problem. All
other cygwin tools appear ok. //<drive letter>/ did not work either. It had to be
a relative path, or start with a dirver letter and colon.

> >The dejagnu framework appears to be very unstable under cygwin. During
> execute
> >tests, I appear to get SEGV signals at random. I just don't trust the test
> >results; every test passes until a SEGV stops the testing of a given suite.
>
> Several of the tests generate intentional access violations, and the cygwin
> expect doesn't recover.  I'd like to see a solution.

In my experience, successive runs of the same tests crash at different points,
hence my statement that I get SEGV signals at random.

> --

Charles-Antoine Gauthier
Research Officer
Software Engineering Group