RE: B20: mv deletes files on error (NT)

Ooops... I just realize I was reasonning backwards... mv has the problem
because the inode numbers are the same, not the other way round :-)
Sorry for the consumed bandwidth.

Obviously the problem is that we *have* to adapt any program that expect
the underlying file system to be case sensitive. "mv" was just working
by error before :-(; however it is unfortunate that "mv" delete files
when moving foo to Foo. When the i-node numbers are equal, mv should
just do nothing (after all what you request is already true: "Foo" can
be used to refer to what was once "foo") or change file name case, but
either returning an error (quite puzzling :-() or silently deleting the
file (*very* annoying :-<) is an error in "mv".

Regards,

		Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingéniérie