Xlibs for Mingw32?

Kagenin wrote:

> Hey there.  I was crusing through some of Mumit Khan's links when I
> noticed your site.  But I don't use Cygwin, I use Mingw32 (it's a speed
> thing ^_^).  Are there libs available for Mingw?  Will the Cygwin libs
> work in a Mingw environment?  Will there be a port?  Are the sources
> available?

The xlibs compiled with cygwin take full advantage of the
unix emulation, so they will not work with Mingw32.

However, X11R6.3 and I believe also X11R6.4, provide support
for MSVC++. I once built X11R6.3 out of the tarfile with MSVC++ 5.
This is done through MSVC type of makefiles and compiler switches,
so some work will be necessary to have it working with GNU make
and Mingw32.

Another route could be to build X11R6.4 with MSVC and manually build
the export libraries. Unfortunately, I don't have the time/interest
to work on this since most of my X applications require the Unix
emulation feature of cygwin. If someone out there is willing to
carry out this hack I'd be more than happy to include it in my
X11R6.4 distribution.

   Good Luck,

      Arlindo