Newbie - Where are the ports of GNU apps?

Hi,
Just starting out in Cygwin. I have been a long time fan of the DJGPP GNU
Port but am facing moving to Windoz NT from '95. The DJGPP stuff suffers
from lack of long file name support under NT, or I should say, NT suffers
from long file name support :-) (I have tried the lfnxxxx effort to no
avail.).

I installed the Cygnus stuff, read the FAQ and users guide and then tried to
download and configure RCS (I want to use CVS and RCS to control some files
I am working with). I mounted the drive for binary mode so that the
configure seemed to work but when I tried to perform a make, it unravelled
and came apart at the seems. (I know, I should supply more information if I
want help in this area :-)).

I guess I have two main questions for starters:

1.	Should I be able to just download something like RCS from the GNU
archives and make and install it?

2.	The DJGPP effort maintains a nice archive of all the GNU apps that
have been ported, including binaries, does an equivalent effort exist for
Cygwin?

Thanks
Peter