Re: Using Microsoft DLL's in GNU C

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 terry@logicalvision.com wrote:

> I would like to call functions from a Microsoft DLL in GNU C. In
> particular, I have cross-compiled a version of GNU C
> for a i386-Linux target (ELF32 executables) and would like to call
> Microsoft DLL functions from this environment. Has
> anyone tried this?

Hopefully I simply don't understand what you're trying to do; if I do
understand it, then it doesn't make any sense since Linux and Windows32
are two different OSs that you can't just mix and match binary code.

You may want to look at the Wine project (http://www.winehq.com/) where
such issues are dealt with in gory detail.

Regards,
Mumit