Re: How can I view the man packages?

From: R. Hickling <hicklinr@mcd.alcatel.be>
>> I've got a little problem: I downloaded the full-man.tar.bz2 and the
>> user-man.tar.bz2. After unzipping and untaring both, I figured out that
>> I do not have any viewer or similar to view the files without all that
>> formatting stuff in them.
>> Is there any "man" or "info"  command available or a place I can get
>> sources for such a one?
>
>There is an 'info' which probably can be made to work - check the mailing
>list over the last couple of weeks.  I, however, could not get it to work
>properly (NT4 SP4), or compile it from source properly.  Being in a hurry,
>I gave up and downloaded 'emacs':
>ftp://ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/ntemacs/docs/ntemacs.html
>which is small enough to download quickly, is a good editor and can be
>installed without having to use a brain.

Personally, I hate the Info presentation, so I wrote a quick and dirty
info-to-HTML translator. If anyone wants it you can grab it from
ftp://animal.ihug.co.nz/pub/infoweb.tgz

(It's still slightly buggy -- it sometimes misses links that are
split across multiple lines.)

--
Ross Smith ................................... mailto:ross.s@ihug.co.nz
.............. The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand ..............