Re: GDB

> I know there is some difficulty with GUI-based debuggers from watching
> this list, but GDB is supposed to work isn't it?

The only problem with GUI interface is that DDD consume a lot of CPU resources.  That is a bug in DDD source code, which I am unable to track.
I have released the patched source code with instructions on how to compile.  It is available at http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Forum/6298/

> I get a segmentation failt in gdb before it trips a break on main.
>
> I've got a couple of strange dll's (ones associated with stuff
> I'd thought I'd de-installed) in reported gdb startup. I suppose an
> NT reinstall will be required to get rid of them.

Perhaps you have problems with your DLLs or installation.  GDB newest release from
Mumit khan works perfect.

Suhaib